The best place to start is with an Excel file. If you're using a CRM system or house your contacts in Outlook, there's usually an easy way to export your data into an Excel spreadsheet.
- Once you get your data in Excel, you'll want to verify that you have the following fields (don't have to be named exactly this): First Name, Last Name, Address1, City, State and Zip. These are all required Enthusem fields. Optional but important fields to include are: Company, Phone, Email and Title.
- When you're ready to save, go to File>Save As and select CSV from the dropdown box.
Now, in Enthusem:
- Go to Tools > Import Contacts
- Click the Choose File button and locate the CSV file on your computer
- Click Next
- Match your fields (in dropdown box) to the Enthusem fields (to the left)
- When complete, click Next
If you receive an error that says one or more of your contact fields is too long and your list won't upload, review your list and abbreviate the fields that are too long. See the character limits below:
FirstName - 25
LastName - 25
Organization - 100
Title - 50
Email - 75
Phone - 50
Address1 - 60
Address2 - 60
City - 50
State - 50
Zip - 25
Country - 2
- Go to Tools > Contact List
- Click Add List
- Name your list something (this is just for you, it won't be seen by your recipients)
- Continue with the above instructions for importing contacts, however when you get to the data mapping section, be sure to select the name of your group in the very last dropdown box.