All FAQs that deal with contacts!
- How do I create a CSV file?
Open up a program like Excel. Once you have created your column headers and the contact information needed (for example: first name, last name, organization, phone, email address, address, city, state, zip code& website) you simply go to save as and click CSV as the file type from the drop down box.
- What do the country codes need to be for my contact list?
Country codes must be set to 2 (two) letters, otherwise an international charge will be applied (which is four credits).
Example: US for the United States, not USA
- My mailing list won't upload, what am I doing wrong?
The first thing to check is to make sure you are uploading a .csv file. The easiest way to convert a file to .csv is to open it in Excel, go to File>Save As and select CSV (Comma delimited) from the Save as Type dropdown box.
Also, make sure your list has column headers (such as FirstName, LastName) otherwise the system will not recognize your first row as the column header and will discard the first row of data. Attached is a template you may use to upload your contacts into Enthusem. Just download the attachment.
- I downloaded the contact list template but don't have information for all of the column headings, is this ok?
No not all of the column heading information is needed in order for you to upload contacts into your account. The following column headings are the only ones you need to have: First Name, Last Name, Organization, Address1, City, State, Zip & Website URL.
- Why do I keep receiving this error when I try and upload my contact list: "One or more records has a column value that is too long"
There is something in your data file that's has too many characters for our database to handle. We recommend that you open your spreadsheet in Excel and expand all of the columns. Look for one(s) that are especially large (it might be very obvious) and shorten it.